TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I switched my SONY TV off, the orange (or red?) off…

Customer Question
When I switched my...

When I switched my SONY TV off, the orange (or red?) off light did not come on. Than it would not go back on. I called my provider (DirecTV) for help and after about 10 minutes of rebooting,l etc., the TV came back on. But after I turned it off the small orange (or red) off light would not illuminate, and when I tried to turn it on again, nothing showed up on the screed.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a BRAVIA XBR. About 7 or 8 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No trouble-shooting other than going through the steps as directed by a DirecTV technician over the telephone. We got the TV on again (I don't know what triggered it), but after turning it off, the light would not show, and it wouldn't turn on again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

All I can think of for now.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/9/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...SONY TV...BRAVIA XBR..."
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.