TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Unable to connect my new TV to the wireless. Ipad works but…

Customer Question
Unable to connect my...

Unable to connect my new TV to the wireless. Ipad works but not the new Sony TV

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And what operating system are you running?

Sony KDL43X720E43 Smart 4KHDR Ultra

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No Ijust bought the TV last Week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure. I want to connect to the Wi Fi

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/9/2017
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 8 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 8 months ago

It sounds like you are trying to connect the TV to the network, You can connect your TV to the internet using the network feature. Now please follow the instruction given below.

1. Press the HOME button.

2. Select Settings.

3. Under the Network & Accessories category, select Network.

4. Select Network setup.

5. Select Easy.

6. Select Wi-Fi.

Note: If you have a wireless hub, router, or gaming adapter select Wired LAN instead of Wi-Fi.

7. Select your connection method.

• Select a network from the list of scanned wireless networks.
  • Select Connect by scan list.
  • When the Enter the password... screen appears, press the ENTER button while the text field is highlighted to activate the on-screen keyboard.
  • Input the security key for your network.
  • Select NEXT/ENTER or FINISH to proceed.

8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

Note:

To use Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) security, select Connect by scan list.

• Check your router manual if you don't know the Service Set Identifier (SSID), and security key WEP, or Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA).
  • To switch to upper case characters, press the up-arrow button on the on-screen keyboard, then press again to go back to lower case.
  • The security key is case-sensitive. Enter the security key in its proper case.
  • In most home environments, the IP address setting is set to Auto while the Proxy setting is No. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) if a proxy connection has been setup.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you