TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung tv only turns on with the remote and the power…

Customer Question
My Samsung tv only...

My Samsung tv only turns on with the remote and the power button on the side doesn't work. I lost that remote and now I can't program a new one

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes. um, im not sure, its a hand me down from my fiancee the standby light stays on

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv worked fine when I had the remote. i just don't know if there's a way i can just program the remote without the tv being on?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We moved, and it got lost in the shuffle. my fiancée says the power button hasn't worked for a few years. he thinks maybe there was a bad storm and there was a surge or short or something

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/9/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you please tell me the model number of the tv?

Do you have another remote available such as a cable/satellite remote?