TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a HW-MS650 soundbar and a HWA-W700 subwoofer. The…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a HW-MS650 soundbar and a HWA-W700 subwoofer. The subwoofer establishes a solid link with the soundbar, it's only 3 feet away from the soundbar, but when I'm watching a movie or playing loud music the subwoofer start making a tapping noise and then it loses it's link and goes to standby mode. If I turn off the TV and soundbar and turn it on again the subwoofer re-establishes the link until the next loud audio comes along and then it starts all over again.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

My TV is a Samsung 65" MU9000. Nope, it hasn't been a problem. I just recently added the subwoofer.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This has been going on scine I bought the subwoofer. I have followed all of the linking procedures including disconnecting the power, then reapplying the power and then linking the soundbar and subwoofer together, once linked I turn on the TV and soundbar. It works for awhile and then the subwoofer starts tapping and it loses its link.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I also have the samsung wireless rear speakers linked to the soundbar and I'm not have any issues with it losing it's link.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 6 days by:
11/14/2017
TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

it’s still happening. I’m able to establish a link with the subwoofer and the wireless rear speakers, and then the subwoofer will start making a tapping noise and then it would lose it’s link. The rear speakers stay linked.