TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to run channel auto scan. Nothing happens. ELEFW328…

Customer Question
Trying to run channel...

Trying to run channel auto scan. Nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

ELEFW328 its about 5 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works. Not sure about other inputs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just purchased an Amplified ultra thin hdtv antenna. Trying to get it set up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Im trying to get away from cable. To expensive.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

There are a few things to check here,

make sure the coax from the antenna to the tv is connected, then set the element input/source mode to TV (not hdmi, video, etc),

then press the menu button

and in the channels section of the menu you'll set the type to antenna (not cable) then run the channel auto scan function from there and it should start to pick up some channels.

Let me know if that works for you, please.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.