TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My power went out last night and my tv will not come back on…

Customer Question
My power went out...

My power went out last night and my tv will not come back on everything else works. no power at all i have unplugged it still nothing. set was working fine before the power surge. please help. thanks.I have black Xfinity chanle

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Kdl 32S3000

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

KR2V3U chanle changerXfinity

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Every thing was OK the lights went out 1/2 hour Tv did not come on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I have to go in another room I am in another room I have Xfinity changer with me

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/7/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 9 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Is there any power-light lit or blinking please on the front of the set please?

NO
the light is on the gray cable box that's all

In every case were there is no power-light lit on the front of the set you are sure you have power to the set ,have bypassed any surge limiter and maybe moved the set to a known working socket, ideally the back of the set will need to come off and checks made using a volt-ohm meter, the way it stands at present the power-board inside the set is not working (most likely) and will need to be replaced,if you think you can do this work yourself,I will be happy to help you with it, please let me know and I will provide all relevant info.

Edit as the set is a 32 inch these smaller sets have now dropped to under $200 you would be better off replacing it.....

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

If you disagree with that and want it fixed let me know I will be happy to help you with this,cost of board around $100

I will go in the room where the TV is I can call you what number I am hard of hearing

Please read my replies above I am not available by phone pop up messages for phone calls are sent by the site you have options either ignore or accept the request will go to the phone team