TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST60 won't turn on after a

Customer Question
My Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST60...

My Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST60 won't turn on after a lightning strike/power outage.When I plug in the TV it makes a clicking noise as if it is turning on, but the screen does not display anything. The red LED also does not illuminate. After about 30 seconds, the TV seems to try to turn on again, and continues to try until unplugged.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

TC-P50ST60

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

About 4 years old - I can't see anything on the screen, regardless of input. When there isn't any input, there is normally a message box saying so, but it's not displaying

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It happened about a month ago. There was a lightning strike nearby and my power went out for a second, came back on briefly, then went out for about an hour

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/7/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 9 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

OK I followed your directions. There was no change, there is still nothing displayed

Thanks

If you now press the menu button on the remote of the TV, does the menu show?

Please let me know

Still nothing

Thanks

It is the powerboard that has faulted, this was damaged in the outage

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I bought a replacement P board and installed it with no change. Can you help me troubleshoot further?

You bought a replacement power board since having this issue?

after the lightning strike I replaced the P board.

No stnadby light points very much to the power board. Can you gvie me the link to the one you got please

Panasonic TXN/P1UJUU (TNPA5717) P Power Supply Unit from ShopJimmy
http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txn-p1ujuu-p-power-supply-unit.htm

Thanks

Before you replaced it, where you still getting the clicking?

ok, it still points then for me to the power supply, especially with no standby lights showing, I will though opt out for another expert that may have other ideas.

You do not need to do anything, you will be contacted when another expert takes over

Thank you

Ok thanks for your help