TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I too have the HDMI banner problem. I. Sony Bravia 40

Customer Question
I too have the...

I too have the HDMI banner problem. I

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

Sony Bravia 40 inchabout 9-10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have tried the top left button as suggested. The banner disappears for a few seconds and then reappears. It does this when watching programes on my SKY box but not when watching free-to-air channels.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Can't remember. Have been away for a few days. have tried turning TV set off and on. No change.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I can say for now.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/7/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Please go into the sony MENU and look for the Initial Settings (restore defaults, or factory reset) option and select that. When the tv comes back on from the reset, it will prompt you to set the date/time, and the location/use mode, where you will choose Home use, not demo/store/retail. You'll then need to retune if using an aerial, and set the source back to the sky box input mode and the banner should go away. Please let me know if that works for you.

Thank you,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.