TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The remote control will no longer work unless you are

The remote control will...

The remote control will no longer work unless you are directly in front of the TV and within 8' of the TV.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model # M422i-B1 about 3 years??

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All functions work but you can no longer be at an angle or 10' away using either the VIZIO remote or any other remote controller (Comcast). Everything was fine until 3 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Three days now and had a problem with the Comcast box, no power outage, lightning strike, didn't drop the TV, didn't spill liquid on it, nothing, Danada. I think the IRS is going bad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Excuse me that should have been the IR receiver is going bad

11/5/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

OK
No, I do not want to switch to a phone call for $26.00

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You're correct, it seems IR Sensor is failing in TV and replacement of IR Sensor board will fix it, please click following link to view IR sensor board info if you have plan to do it yourself..

https://www.ebay.com/p/VIZIO-M422i-b1-IR-Sensor-Board-715g6593-r01-000-004m/1833727712

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician