TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I'm trying to connect a HD Antenna to a Vizio TV. 'No

I'm trying to connect a...
I'm trying to connect a HD Antenna to a Vizio TV. 'No Channels in Master List. Where do I go after the input is on TV?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model E241i-A1w
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I suspended my Directv until Feb. A cost cutting factor. I just received a ViewTV antenna. Before I took the antenna to the attic, I wanted to see if it worked on one of my TVs. So the antenna is hooked up to one tv right now. If I can get it to work, then I'll install the antenna in the attic and run the coax cable to where the dish hooks up to the tv lines coming into the house. Does that make sense?
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do have a booster connected between the TV and the antenna. With the antenna on the ground floor, maybe there will be no reception?
11/2/2017
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Hello! Thank you choosing Just Answer! I would be happy to answer your question regarding the antenna.

I do want to say as I was reading this, my first question was going to be about the location of the amplifier. It does have to be as close to the antenna as possible to ensure the best reception. Also, make sure to use RG-6 cables too if not already. Also, having the input on TV is the exact place it needs to be.

If this does not work, please let me know but this one will be an easy fix for you!

ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What r RG-6 cables? Just reg. Coax cables?
Phone call session started
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service