TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic smart TV and an account with Netflix but…

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic smart TV and an account with Netflix but cannot get the movies to play. Nexflix people say the TV must be updated by panasonic.??

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Panasonic Model ####-##-####

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No Netflix said something like that you would have to upgrade something from you end??

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I called them and they told me this. I was having trouble now and then and would have to unplug tv and then plug it in again. But the last time I spoke to them they told me this tv has to be upgraded??

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess that is it.

11/2/2017
Nathan, Installer
Could you recheck that model number for me. It should start with TC
It does not have anything but Model:###-##-####

That is not a valid model number, the model will be printed on a sticker on the back of the tv and will start with TC

I thought I was getting Panasonic troubleshooting. I purchased this from Sears I think in about 2012

This is a paid 3rd party support service.

There is no free support for this tv, from panasonic or elsewhere. I can help you with this, but I would need specific details to do so, including the model number.

I have found a number starting with TC but it does not say model #. TC P50560
There is also a serial number do you need that

That is the model I needed, thank you,

That is a 2012 plasma, and I will tell you up front there is a good chance this isn't going to work.

As an initial step though, please go into the tv menu (menu button on panasonic remote)

go down to Network

then to Software Update and tell me what it shows there as the current version

34;please confirm clock setting"

You can go back into the system/options portion of the menu to set the date/time if needed, then go back to the update

I do not have a "system/options" in my menu
Now my tv is sying "Something's not quite right. Check connections which I have done and unplugged DVR for ten seconds. still not going?

That has nothing to do with the tv, that is an issue with your cable box.

Were you using the panasonic tv remote for this or were you trying to use your cable remote?

Panasonic

Okay well you can ignore the dvr issue for now, I'd just unplug it so you can focus on the panasonic software update.

There is an options section within the panasonic menu, you need to find that to set the time, then do the update.

On the menu page when I go to software update, at the bottom it does say check if software(firmware) update for the TV is available. I will look for the options section.
That software update is what I wanted you to go to originally before you mentioned the clock error. That may have been from the box too so you can try the update again
system update Current version 2.206
Latest version 2.206
"the software used is the latest. You don't need to update."C

Thanks for checking,

Is this the update that Netflix was referring to?

That is indeed the latest version, though even that is quite outdated as it is from 2014, but it was the last update done.
As I had mentioned initially, this is simply not going to work. The underlying issue is that netflix is no longer available because netflix has continued to make updates and changes to their system, which the panasonic has not kept pace with. Because this is a 2012 model, it is no longer supported, in fact it is past its service life at this point. It is actually normal for smart tvs to only get updates for about 2 years then stop, thats what all the tv companies do. There is nothing that can be done to bring the feature back at this point as there will be no future updates for it. You would instead need to connect an external streaming device to the tv such as a roku or fire tv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and long term support.

My apologies for the news,

Nathan, Installer
Thank you. I do have a roku that I can connect.

Perfect, if you already have one that will work just fine.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer