TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I bought an Indoor TV antenna that is very good, however it…

I bought an Indoor TV...
I bought an Indoor TV antenna that is very good, however it was only has 35 Miles Range (antenna: link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VGBTK6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1).I would like to buy a better antenna, which was 50 to 70 Miles Range. I found two on Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073NYT5MK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3PVVONA2VWIKChttps://www.amazon.com/Vansky-Amplified-Detachable-PowerSupply-Performance/dp/B01FUB4ZG8/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1509563682&sr=1-4&keywords=antenna&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011%2Cp_72%3A1248879011But they are very large. Is there any antenna in the format - size -
  of the one I bought (35 Miles Range) that is 50 to 70 Miles Range?
It doesn't have to be on Amazon.com, it can be on another site.
11/1/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Sounds good !
Sorry it looks like my last reply didn’t post. Can you tell me your zip code? Are you in town or rural?
My zipcode is 10019.
My apartment for some reason is not the best for TV signal.
I want to get as many channels as possible

Thanks for confirming,

The distance isn't really the problem here, what is causing you issues is the construction of the building you are in. Apartments especially are difficult because as commercial construction there is a lot of metal and masonry that blocks out signals.

The antenna you have is find in terms of distance, but it just isn't big enough to capture the signal which is already weakened by the building. You really need a larger antenna and preferably an amplified one, Here is one I'd suggest: http://amzn.to/2zY89vl

Ideally, you also want to try to put it on an exterior wall, or even better is in front of a window to minimize signal block.

Hi Nathan, thanks for answering.I took a look at the link you sent but it seems that this product has a lot of bad reviews. Are u sure it will be better than what I already have?

I do think it will be better, onebyone and mohu are the 2 best brands for antennas and should be better quality than the generic items you have tried or looked at. With antenna reviews you have to be a bit skeptical because much like your case, there are so many variables for performance and many people just aren't using the right antenna for their application, or are expecting a small indoor antenna to work in a situation where they need a large roof mount.

Overall, the orientation and location will matter more than the actual antenna. I would still try it, and if that doesn't work you're going to have to go to an outdoor antenna that you can put outside a window or mount on a patio.

I still find this great. Would you have any option to indicate that it was smaller and of a better quality than those two options that I sent you the Amazon link? I want to put behind a 32-inch television.

I'm sorry I don't quite understand,

this one is not going to be substantially bigger than the others, it would not stick out beyond the edges of a 32 inch tv for sure. Again though orientation matters and if you can put the antenna in front of a window you'll get the best results.

Hi, sir! I look at the dimensions of this antenna and it's too big. Is there something just as good or at least better to the other two that I mentioned previously? Smaller than these.If the TV is far from the window? How can I do?

It is only 10 inches in diameter, far smaller than a 32 inch tv.

If the TV is far from the window? How can I do?

Run a longer coax cable from the window to the tv and hang the antenna in the window, it will come with a mounting option for that, which will give you the best reception.

Nathan, Installer