TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I just bought a new Philips smart tv and cannot seem to add

Customer Question
the Hulu app on the...
I just bought a new Philips smart tv and cannot seem to add the Hulu app on the TV.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Philips is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model number 50pfl5601 I just bought it online so I'm assuming it's the newest model.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: My tv menu works. And I found where the apps are, in the Nettv app gallary but there is no option for downloading new apps.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is the first time using the tv.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The tv is already connected to the internet.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
11/1/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately the short answer is that this is not possible.

These philips tvs are very basic models and though it is a smart tv, the app offerings are extremely limited. There is no app store and there is no ability to install new apps, it is limited to the few that are on it from the factory. There is no way to change it and philips does not support additional options for it.

At this point, other than returning the tv and buying another brand/model that has the features you want, your next best option would be to supplement the tv with an external streaming device such as a roku or fire tv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Installer