TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Pip is stuck. 7 years. Panasonic plasma. It works and no. It

Pip is stuck JA: What's the...
Pip is stuck
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 7 years. Panasonic plasma
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes it works and no. It works on other inputs.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: A few weeks. I forget
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
10/30/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

As an initial step, please unplug power to the tv for a few minutes and let me know if that helps.

If not, I'll need the complete model number from the back of the tv, and to also know on which specific input this happens (such as satellite only).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've unplugged it before and nothing happens. This is occurring on hdmi 1. And hdmi 2

I need the full model number of the tv, please.

What specifically do you have connected to hdmi1 and 2?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Manufacturing ID NO. Tc-p5ou2. Serial number is ***** Is that what you need? Cable box is plugged into hdmi 2. Nothing is in number 1

Yes that is what I need.

Now you mentioned hdmi1 has the problem too, so have you tested the cable box on hdmi1 and it has the issue there too?

You said it works on other inputs, so what inputs/devices are you referring to that are working?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It does not work on hdmi 1 or 2. I have a video game plugged into "video 2". It works fine. The cable box input cord only fits hdmi 1 or 2.

Okay but the problem is specific to the cable service then, and the pip is being generated by the box, not the tv itself.

You can look on your cable remote for a PIP or Multi button and press that to try to toggle the setting off. If that does not help, then the next step is to reset the box by unplugging power to it for at least 5 minutes. Then replug and give it another 5 minutes to start up and let me know the results, please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It worked. Thank you
Great! Glad that did the trick for you!
Nathan, Installer

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer