TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Samsung smart tv connects to wireless router but not

internet JA: What's the exact make...
Samsung smart tv connects to wireless router but not internet
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: Samsung UN4OEH6300
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I've been at this for hours with Comcast. I've tried everything from finger tightening all cable connections to changing the DNS. I've done it all. This is the first time I've contacted Samsung
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: A month
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hi Pearl. No, I've done everything Comcast has suggested to no avail. Can you connect me?
10/30/2017
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you tried restarting the wireless router? If not, please give it a go and let me know if it works.

If a restart does not help, then the TV may be incompatible with the router's security settings - - try changing to a different type of wireless encryption or turn encryption off temporarily to test if the TV will connect and let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
34;Have you tried restarting the wireless router?"
Jim: Yes, many times. Doesn't help.
"TV may be incompatible with the router's security settings - - try changing to a different type of wireless encryption or turn encryption off temporarily to test if the TV will connect and let me know the results."
Jim: Its been working, internet TV, for 2 years with same encryption. I don't know how to turn it off. I don't know how to change it.
Pete? Today is my birthday. I'll be in and out. Can we work off and on? Same with tomorrow. I'll be working with children on Halloween. I'll get to a computer off and on. So Sorry, Jim
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No live phone call today or tomorrow. Don't have the time. Too expensive on top of other fees. Thanks, Jim

You can ignore any automated live phone call offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

Yes, we can work off and on, whenever suits you! Just reply back when you are ready.

---

Are you using any wireless adapters to connect the TV to the router?

Has any new wireless equipment been introduced recently?

Could you test the TV's connection to a different wifi router at a different location, e.g. at a friend's house?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
34;Are you using any wireless adapters to connect the TV to the router?"
No
"Has any new wireless equipment been introduced recently?"
No
"Could you test the TV's connection to a different wifi router at a different location, e.g. at a friend's house?"
I have done that. As I said, I have had Samsun Smart TV internet for two years with no problems whatsoever.
Thanks, Jim
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
TV internet is off and on, mostly off. Can't make it thru a Netflix movie. Frustrating!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Guide doesn't work either when internet is off. nothing on the remote works. Pressing any button bring up error that can't connect to internet and instructions to restart TV, restart router. I've done that many times.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Error: "we're having trouble connecting to the x1 platform. I've seen that a lot
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is sickness in the family. I have no time. If you can come to the house and fix it you can make a few $100

Sorry to hear of your family situation.

I am in Europe, however if you let me know your zip code I can recommend a tech in your area.

Pete, Electronic Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pete, you did a good job. I didn't have much time nor patience after a month of working with Comcast. I have a computer/TV pro on his way out to see the problem in person. You did a great job. I'll give you an excelleny. Thanks Much, Jim Jarvis
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pete, you did a good job. I didn't have much time nor patience after a month of working with Comcast. I have a computer/TV pro on his way out to see the problem in person. You did a great job. I'll give you an excellent. Thanks Much, Jim Jarvis
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've tried everything, Pete. I think I've narrowed the problem down to the old cable that comes out of the wall and the old attachment to the new splitter. I'll have to have someone out here. I sure wish you lived nearby Pollock Pines in the Sierra. Thank You, Jim :)

Ok, thanks for the feedback, Jim!

Pete, Electronic Engineer