TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

MY REAR PROJECTION HITACHI TV DOES NOT HAVE ANTENNA

MY REAR PROJECTION HITACHI...

MY REAR PROJECTION HITACHI TV DOES NOT HAVE ANTENNA CONNECTIONS ON IT AS SHOWN ONLINE IN THE OWNERS MANUAL.

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

HAVE A REAR PROJECTION TV. THERE ARE NO ANTENNA JACKS ON BACK, ONLY RCA PHONO PLUGS AND THE ROUND S TYPE FOR AUDIO AND VIDEO. HOW DO I HOOK UP MY ANTENNA COAX LEAD ?

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

JUST TRYING TO HOOK UP ANTENNA LEAD. DOES NOT HAVE A ANT JACK, OR A PLACE ON BACK PANEL FOR ONE. IT IS NOT MISSINGIT JUST DOES NOT HAVE ONE. NEVER SAW A TV WITH NO ANT. CONNECTION

10/29/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

What is the model number printed on the back of the tv?

51M200 ASPECT

Got it

There is no antenna port on this tv. This tv was made previous to the Digital conversion, so even if it did have one, it would not be able to get any channels with antenna.

You will need to get an external digital tuner box. There are many. I can help you with some examples.....

You will need to get an external digital tuner box. There are many. I can help you with some examples:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MF9X5V9

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYL35SP

Did you get the message I just posted?

I do want you to be satisfied, so do you need something more?

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician