TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Having trouble getting satellite channels to load on my new…

Having trouble getting satellite...

Having trouble getting satellite channels to load on my new 40" ES400Z TV can youhelp

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

TH-40ES500Z taken out of the box yesterday. So only one day so far.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

So far have done the initial first time auto tuning and get a screen that says "No channel (s) found

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Obviously in my initial attempt I didn't do everything correctly, so can I start over with the first time tuning and how can I do that

10/25/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do you have an existing freesat dish installed?

connected to TV, also Internet connection works fine
Let's try this way first

Okay go back into the panasonic menu (have the input mode set to TV) and then to the channels section where you'll select the type (satellite, not uhf) and then choose the auto program function to tune in available stations.

On the Panasonic menu select setup?

Correct

Under the setup menu there is an Analogue TV tuning menu but no channels section

It is not under analogue,

look for the Tuning section of the menu, then for a Region and be sure to set NZ as the location there, then you should be able to run the auto tune to pick up the satellite stations

Trying now, reset to shipping mode so now have restart menu

Specifically it is under the Satellite Tuning section, and the region/location is under LNB Band

Under LNB it just says A and the arrows won't change that. The satellite selected isOptus D1 160 degrees E

Are you in New Zealand?

Okay the setting is on Australia and will not work. You'll need to choose the factory reset (restore defaults) option in the tv menu and start the entire process over so you can set the location as NZ.

When setting up the menu goes directly from setting up the Internet connection to the start auto tuning menu, it does not give me the option to set the country

Was this purchased in NZ?

purchased at noel leeming in tauranga yesterday

Okay please go through the process once more, after you set it, it should still give you the location option in the satellite tuning section. You do have to highlight that LNB option and press OK for it to give you other options to choose.

After going through the process when it comes to rthe TV signal selection, I select satellite, then"start auto tuning, menu then goes to "satellite TV Search mode, select Free view Channels, menu goes to select region (all regions are New Zealand regions, select our region (waikato), auto search ensues screen comes up ( No Channels found)

Has this dish worked with another tvs or receivers previously?

is currently working with another TV in the house

Has another tv worked off the dish in the same location though, did the panasonic replace another tv?

What I'm getting at here is that it is possible there is a bad cord or splitter, that the lnb can't feed multiple devices, etc.

we replaced an older TV in the same place, and it worked fine, but it was not a smart TV and required a set top box

Can you tell me about the old box? Are you paying a satellite service provider a monthly fee?

Fixed now the LNB setting has to be changed from 11300MHz to 10750MHz and it immediately programmed
You can add that to your information in case you ever need it again. Apparently some NZ D1 satellites use 10750instead of 11300, so that minor change cured the problem

Thank you for the info, glad to hear that did the trick for you!

I thought you were still unable to even get into the lnb settings in the first place to change the locations.

I couldn't change the "A" on the settings line, so there was no way to change from the A to something that said New Zealand, I could change from the D1 satellite to the D2 satellite but not the location line

Thank you for clarifying, I appreciate the info.

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer