TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our light went out and we replaced it but the tv went out in…

Our light went out...

Our light went out and we replaced it but the tv went out in about two or three hours. The red light came on and the bulb went out. What next?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

738 and 838 series

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No. Yes.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The light blew out an we ordered another and put it in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

10/21/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please tell me the complete model number of the tv? It sounds like a mitsubishi?

Can you also tell me where you got that replacement lamp from, and what the approximate cost was?

it’s a Mitsubishi model WQ60738. Got the bulb from Amazon paid 79.00 for it
No we can just continue to text
Hello Nathan. Are you there?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Would you be able to send me a link to the lamp you purchased?
Can you also tell me if that red light is on solid, or if it is flashing at all?

The red light is blinking. 6 blinking red then 1 yellow. Starts pattern blinking again.

Thank you, ***** ***** mean that there is an internal hardware problem, but I need a bit more detail please,

can you try pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds then watch that light again carefully and tell me how it looks at that point?

Blinking green quickly and then turned off.

I was expecting it to go red and yellow again to see if there was a different pattern, as 6 then 1 does not have any specific meaning, but several other patterns do.

Can you unplug power to the tv for a few minutes, replug, then check it again?

If you put the old light back in, does it do the exact same thing?

We have no idea as we are not able to do that right now. Thank you for your help though and we will try swapping them out tomorrow. You were very helpful but we have to go to sleep right now as we have a very busy day tomorrow. Thanks again. Will definitely give you an excellent report.

No problem at all, take your time and please let me know how the old lamp works or if the lights are different when you have a chance.

Thanks,

Nathan, Installer