TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung 55" ultra HD series 8 smart TV. I recently…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung 55" ultra HD series 8 smart TV. I recently purchased an MEE Connect in order to use two Bose BT headphones for movies on the Amazon App. MEE and headphones work great watching cable TV but I get no audio with them on the Amazon app. Audio is good, however, watching Amazon movies with the TV speakers and the Samsung sound bar. What's wrong?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Purchased the TV new from Best Buy three months ago but have not tried a reboot.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works okay and I can change audio output on the speaker list. I can turn off TV speakers and turn off the Samsung sound bar. Tried the MEE Connect with optic and RCA cables but get no audio.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just purchased the MEE and the Bose headsets yesterday and have had this issue since the get-go.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That seems to be it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
10/20/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

It is necessary to use the optical cable here, you won't get anything from rca.

There is also a setting to adjust here, go into the samsung menu under audio and set the output format to pcm/stereo (not dolby/digital/auto). If that doesn't do it, look in the settings for the actual amazon app (the subtitle/language options just before you press play when brining up the detail info page for a movie/show) and make the same change there.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thank you,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Nathan, Installer