TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I bought a new LG BP350 blue ray player and when I hook to

TV it says no signal...
I bought a new LG BP350 blue ray player and when I hook to TV it says no signal, I have tried HDMI-1,2,3,4 same thing
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: haven't tried that. but when I hook up my old 3d blue ray player that was getting fuzzy it comes right on.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works fine and I even bought a new HDMI cable.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: haven't used player a lot and when I bought new player it did the same thing so I replaced it with another and it does same thing. It works at Best Buy but not on my LG TV.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can it be in the tv
10/20/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model of hte tv?
Do you have any other devices working on the tv currently, such as a cable/satellite box or maybe an older (non bluray ) dvd player?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
LG-55LX6500BD4G
no

No other devices to test, or others just aren't working?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nothing else on tv except Direct TV. but I bypass that box on input source

Is the directv box connected via hdmi and is it working on the LG tv?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it works fine.

Okay, on which specific hdmi port? Does it work on all of them?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HDMI2 and yes it works on all.4

Thank you for the info, though this does still indicate a tv issue, if you are having a problem with multiple players.

Keep in mind this is a 2010 model tv, far past its service life at this point, so seeing hardware incompatibilities or hdmi miscommunication issues with newer devices is not uncommon.

What you can try here is to go into the tv menu and choose the factory reset (initial settings/restore defaults) option to clear the internal memory and processor, then try the player again.

When doing so, make sure you are using a new hdmi cable that is the latest hdmi2.0 (or at least 1.4) rated version.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks

You're welcome, and best of luck!

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Nathan, Installer
Nathan, Installer