TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

On a Sony flat screen 19" T.V. it does not turn on the next…

On a Sony flat screen...
On a Sony flat screen 19" T.V. it does not turn on the next day. If you unplug and then replug it in it will turn on again. What would cause this? Do I need to take it to a repair shop?
10/19/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

I will have to get back to you. I don't have the T.V. here.

No problem , going out for lunch anyway and i`ll be here all day

Hi Jack,
It is a Sony LCD model KDL22L4000 - It primarily happens when it's cold.

Hi

From what you described here then this is definitely a power supply circuit problem , namely bad capacitors and if you are into this you can get that board at this link for $60 ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-1-857-230-11-g-board.htm

For a tv this size this is pretty much the only way i would see this being worth repairing and would not recommend a repair shop that may cost you more than buying a new one

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

Jack
Jack, Technician
Thank you so very much. I will check it out this weekend. You are five star.
Do you think I would be able to replace the capacitors or should I just replace the whole board?

Hello again

Unless you were very handy at locating and replacing components then i would go for the board itself

Thank you so much. You are five plus.

Thank you !!