TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The Aquos sound isn't working on my Sharp TV - the problem…

The Aquos sound isn't working...
The Aquos sound isn't working on my Sharp TV - the problem started 5 days ago. I've got an HDMI cable from HDMI 1 (ARC) on the TV to the recommended HDMI input on my Marantz SR6012 home theater receiver, and I can see picture but get no sound. The audio from the CD input works, so I know the speakers are wired correctly.HELP!David
10/19/2017
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

What are you connecting the TV to that is not providing sound? eg: Cable box?

See above: Marantz SR6012 home theater receiver

Thanks I was just not sure this was the device actually having the issue.

If it is then Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Ok, I'll get back to you in 11 minutes....

thank you

thank you

It worked!! Jeez, the simplest of things!!So, in that process, what is it that happens to right the problem with the TV??

The TV is basically a computer, so we restarted it complete, loading the firmware into the memory again.

Great it is now resolved, If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician