TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm looking for an expert tech who knows Samsung LED/LCD…

Hi,I'm looking for an expert...
Hi,I'm looking for an expert tech who knows Samsung LED/LCD televisions.Item: Samsung LED/LCD TV Model: UN60H7150AFXZA Version: HH01Symptom: No power up
Samsung LED/LCD TV Model: UN60H7150AFXZA Version: HH01Symptom: No power up. After plugging in (AC) the TV the standby LED lights solid. Next, Press power button on remote; the standby led blinks 6 times then goes dark. At he same time, TCON LED2 flashes once briefly then stays dark. TCON LED1 Stays lit continuously. Audio optical jack is illuminated on the main board. No backlights are present.Unit powers off from remote and goes back into standby (standby LED stays on solid)Troubleshooting so far:Check power supply voltages in standby and in power on states.Connector CNM803 at power supply
Condition: StandbyPin
1. 0 VDC
2. 0
3. 0
4. 0
5. 0
6. 0
7. 10.85
8. 0
9. 10.85
10. 0
11. 10.85
12. 0
13. 10.85
14. 0.116
15. 10.85
16. 0
17. 0
18. 0
19. 10.85
20. 10.85
21. 10.85
22. 0Connector CNM803 at power supply
Condition: Power on.
Pin1. 0 VDC
2. 0.131
3. 0.127
4. 0.127
5. 0
6. 0.130
7. 12.74
8. 3.24
9. 12.74
10. 3.24
11. 12.74
12. 0.123
13. 12.74
14. 3.30
15. 12.74
16. 0
17. 0
18. 0
19. 12.74
20. 12.74
21. 12.74
22. 0Next, I removed power from the TV and disconnected CNM803 from the power supply and re-applied power. The backlight illuminates and stays on.Then, I removed power from the TV, reconnected CNM803 at the power supply and disconnected the LVDS cable at the main board and re-applied power. The backlight illuminates and stays on, and the standby LED blinks 5 times, then goes dark.At this point I believe I have it narrowed down to either the TCON or Main board. I need further guidance on narrowing it down to one of the two.
10/18/2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV issue. You did the perfect troubleshooting sequence to illuminate the power supply and backlight. Since you reconnected the power supply with the Main board and the backlight stayed on, it is safe to say that the TCON board had an issue. There should be a 12v line from the Main board going to the TCON board. Double check that it is present. But yes I would replace the TCON board.
The TCON board has the part number BN95-01337A
Just for info the Main board has part number BN94-08192E or BN94-08061B

I also attached for you some troubleshooting material and wiring diagram info. Page 3 on troubleshooting material shows to check for the 12v Tcon.

The price of the TCON board is $101 at www.encompass.com

At www.shopjimmy.com (another reputable online parts vendor) the price is $60 but out of stock

Thank you for allowing me to help you with your Samsung TV.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Hi Martin,Thanks for the response. I'll review the information you sent and see if there are any further questions before closing this out.You mentioned "There should be a 12v line from the Main board going to the TCON board". Is this carried on the LVDS cable between the TCON and main? Otherwise, there is a six wire connector on the TCON (CN600) that goes back to the power supply connector CNM803Thanks,Joe

Hello Sir. You can measure the 13v at Fuse F1 on the TCON board which is the B13 line. In addition the voltage comes from the lvds cable connection CN1401 pins 47-51, and BD1 on the TCON board for panel 12v.

Even after you rate me I will be available to answer any question about this issue for you. This is just part of my customer service. Now is bed time over here. Have a good night.

Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hi Martin,I installed the replacement TCON and the unit is back in operation. Thanks for your guidance!Regards,Joe
I'm so happy for you. Glad to be at service. Have a good night Joe.