TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have the same model Sceptre TV and the screen has gone…

I have the same model...
I have the same model Sceptre TV and the screen has gone black and I have no sound or backlight, but I can see the menu using a flashlight and shining it on the screen. Would that still be the LED backlights failing or could it be one of the boards that I could replace? Why do all of the backlights fail if one or two go out?
10/17/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Could you please get me the complete model number off of TV, it would be like X505BV-FHD or some thing?

X505bv-fmqr8caav93ba

Thanks for the info.

Does screen glow/ show backlight even for a second or two then turn On TV power?

No
It powers on, but never shows the Septre logo or anything at all, just black screen. No sound at all either, but did have sound immediately after the screen went black, but that was temporary and soon after, sound went out too

OK, it seems main board failure that controls backlight system as well. Please swap the main board in TV and make sure to get identical replacement main board having same part number as of old one.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician