TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Spectre U550 TV and the coax connector broke while.

Customer Question
I found the coax is...
I have a Spectre U550 TV and the coax connector broke while. I found the coax is attached to a tuner module with coax on end and vga on the other. Would you know where I could find a replacement tuner module for this TVE?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Its a Sceptre U550CV-U 55" and is less than a year old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Every else works, I just cannot plug into the coax connector
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: When I moved the cable box, it put pressure on the coax connection and it snapped off.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 month ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello

Hi

Let me type this down

Note that myself I do not send those $26 phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just ignore them if you don`t want it , i have no control over those.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's fine. I can ignore them.

That tuner module does not come separate , sorry but you won`t find it unless you replace the whole main board

What i would suggest here is to connect an external tuner like what you can see at the link below

That unit even records and has USB input for media player

Here it is ; https://www.amazon.com/ViewTV-AT-300-Converter-Recording-Composite/dp/B01MF9X5V9/ref=pd_sim_504_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01MF9X5V9&pd_rd_r=MYN8T7VSW7M5MNCHMT5B&pd_rd_w=zxu4o&pd_rd_wg=d3dsX&psc=1&refRID=MYN8T7VSW7M5MNCHMT5B

This will go between your antenna and tv`s HDMI input for a HD picture

If you`d rather replace the main board then let me know and i`ll find it for you

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Just saw something here , give me a minute

Found that module but then again it comes with the main board

Other possible suppliers are out of stock

These rca, sceptre , emerson etc. all have mixed parts

Thats it , those are the options available but i would go for the external tuner at $38 , up to you

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,

Again , for now its either the whole main board or that digital tuner , your choice

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician