TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung Smart TV has a mute signal in the upper right…

Customer Question
My Samsung Smart TV...

My Samsung Smart TV has a mute signal in the upper right hand corner, but I cannot get rid of it or unmute it

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Samsung

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It is not a problem on my HDMI2 on which I have Apple TV connected

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just started

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I was using apple tv when it started when I switched from apple tv back to the HDMI1

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/17/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

If you press the volume button on the tv itself rather than the remote, does that clear the mute?

What do you have connected to hdmi1?