TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My tv turns on then off in a couple of seconds. How do I fix…

My tv turns on then...
My tv turns on then off in a couple of seconds. How do I fix it?
10/15/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Note that myself I do not send those $26 phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just ignore them if you don`t want it , i have no control over those.

Jack
Jack, Technician
Hello
Phone call session started

I`m ready to accept your phone request but first i want to make sure you understand that this cost an extra $26
Do you still want that call or do you wish to continue in chat mode ?
That offer was sent automated by the website by the way , NOT ME

Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

I will need that

Right now i don`t even have your phone number , even if i wanted to call you

I will step out for dinner , let me know

$26 on top of the original $28?

Thats correct

If we can fix the tv, it's worth it. If I'm going to need a new tv, not worth it.
My phone is(###) ###-#### not 48...

Lets start at the beginning then , like the model number and i can tell you that although you will know what is happening , i can`t promise a fix if your tv needs parts !!

Ok, how do I find the model #

That call is 26 bucks so lets see what can be done here

On the tv`s back cover

M401i-A3

Thanks

Is it just the screen that shuts off or the tv actually powers down as if you had pressed the power button

Tv shuts off
I can still get cable...I don't know if that means just screen or whole tv is off

How do you mean you can still get cable ??

Anything on the screen , any sound etc, or the tv shuts down ?

Actually shuts off as if...
A couple of times the cable menu would show, but if I pressed tv, it would be blank.

I`m just waiting for the final reply , so far it went from shut down , dead and losing signal

Let me know which one

No, the whole thing just shuts down

O.k then you got a power supply circuit problem , this is not just some reset or wiring , there is a hardware problem

Give me a minute on this

Ok. Sounds serious...

It is if you`re not going to work on it yourself , otherwise you can get a repair kit that includes all the boards in the tv for $60

I don't think I'll be working on it myself...

In that case for a 40" tv i would not recommend a repair shop that would cost 150 to $175 while you can buy a new 40" for around $200

I will close that phone request as we won`t be using it , you may see a charge for it but it will be credited when i send it in as incomplete /canceled
Note that you may not see the credit right away

ok; thanks

No problem , much welcome

Done w/my question. You did a great job.
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician