TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Sanyo turns on sometimes stays on sometimes only a few

seconds to a minute....
Sanyo turns on sometimes stays on sometimes only a few seconds to a minute. Power is on stays on have sound but black screen did flashlight test see nothing model dp37819 hardly used
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/15/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Note that myself I do not send those $26 phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just ignore them if you don`t want it , i have no control over those.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi

Hi

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
If you`re not sure then darken the room and turn the tv off and on again while you observe the screen

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Goes black

O.k then if you still have sound and the screen is totally black then this would point to a defective $20 backlight inverter first

The flashlight test is not always conclusive and the picture within would be difficult to see

Also the fact that having both a t-con and backlight inverter problem at the same time while still having sound is definitely not common

Do you want to repair this yourself ?

Here is a link where you can get that board ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/auo-19-37t05-006-backlight-inverter.htm

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $200 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

Jack
Jack, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi I tried to look through flashlight again and I could see the inputs - -3, video, etc when I sected the input button while the tv was black. Didn’t know where to look before. Would this still be the answer you gave?

Its exactly what i was saying , that only re-enforce my answer

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician