TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sharp Aquos lc-60e79u. When it powers on, it will…

Hello I have a Sharp...
Hello I have a Sharp Aquos lc-60e79u. When it powers on, it will not show a picture. Instead, the power light and opc lights blink. The pattern of the blink is both blink together once and then the power blinks by it self once. And this pattern continues. Can you please tell me what this error code indicates? I have tried the channel up volume up button sequence while plugging it in and that hasn’t worked.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/15/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Sure
I feel that I can repair the tv myself. I just need to know which part within the TV has malfumctiomed by knowing what the error code means

Please allow me a few minutes to check that code....

Thanks

Are you with the tv right now? Because the buttons you pressed to force the tv on, do not appear to be the correct buttons. Can you try something right now?

I can

Unplug the tv POWER cord.

Press and hold Vol Down + INPUT buttons while you plug in the tv POWER cord.

Keep holding until you see the tv screen come on with a "K" in the upper corner.

Reply and let me know if you get the tv to come on (please try the process at least 3 times).

Ok i tried that several times. The screen never showed the k. The tv just simply started flashing the same code with the lights

Got it

The error code you got is for missing 13v, which is generated by the Main board (board with the audio/video jacks). It is the "brains" of the tv. I can check if that board is available somewhere if you like...

Sure. That would be great. So you feel if I replace the mainboard, this should fix the issue?

Correct.

To be honest. That was what I was thinking to start with. I just didn’t want to spend the $100 on a mainboard if that wasn’t the issue. That is why I came here to make sure! I do appreciate your help. I just could t find anywhere on the internet what the error code meant

Part number is ***** Hard to find new. So used or rebuilt. They are $150 on eBay used. And you can send your's in to be rebuilt for $95 at this link:

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/duntkf282fm19-sharp-main/

Let me know if you need something more.

Please do submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Will do! Thanks again

All the best.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Hello Mike. I replaced the mainboard and I am still getting the same error code with no screen. Any thoughts?

Did you try this again:

Unplug the tv POWER cord.Press and hold Vol Down + INPUT buttons while you plug in the tv POWER cord.Keep holding until you see the tv screen come on with a "K" in the upper corner.
sir I did. It had no effect. I am wondering now if the problem may be with the power supply board. It makes a clicking sound right before the flashing

Exactly where did you get the Main board?

I ordered it from eBay. Tested guaranteed

Dunno... should have fixed it. Next is power board I suppose.