TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Is there an android app that allows me to control my LG

Customer Question
Hi, is there an android...
Hi, is there an android app that allows me to control my LG smart tv at home. I want to prevent others at home watching/using my tv (and therefore using my internet) while i'm at work? Looking at the LG TV Plus app, it doesn't appear to allow me to do this, it instead permits me to use the app as a remote controller or watch all accessible information from my tv, on my phone. I don't think this serves the purpose for what I want. Please do not redirect me to a site that requests $5 because surely as a monthly fee paying customer, I should get a better response. I also do not want the generic responses, I want a real person to answer my specific questions if this is possible? Thanks, Rita
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
10/15/2017
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

It sounds like you are looking for android app that control your LG smart TV. It is possible with one application that is LG TV Plus. You can download the app from the Playstore or any Third party website

Reference video link: https://youtu.be/KeMUW53XhYc

Playstore link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.app1&hl=en

If the playstore link doesn't work, you can simply click on this link in you phone

https://d-01.winudf.com/b/apk/Y29tLmxnZS5hcHAxXzEwN185M2Q3ZjIzZQ?_fn=TEcgVFYgUGx1c192My41LjZfYXBrcHVyZS5jb20uYXBr&_p=Y29tLmxnZS5hcHAx&as=34ee826beacab78d2a4f15c7167f5a3c59e2ed7f&c=1%7CENTERTAINMENT&k=d9383b0a6320f0181163eafdf20f22cd59e5842b

As part of the Android Operative system, there is a restriction that blocks installing applications outside the Google Play Store.

If it’s your first time installing an App through Applivery.com, you’re greeted with, "Install blocked. For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Play Store" message as you try to install. But how do we get there?

To allow app installs from Applivery, follow this steps:

1. Navigate to Setting > Security.
  2. Check the option "Unknown sources".
  3. Tap OK on the prompt message.
  4. Select "Trust".

That’s all, now you can try again to install the Application. If you still have any problem in that please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But I want the app to be able to turn the tv off or block certain apps like Netflix on the tv remotely, so others at home where the tw is cannot watch it, can I do that with this app remotely?
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

I am sorry for the delay, I check with my resource and I am unable to the exact application which can control most of the setting on the TV like Turning OFF or blocking. LG TV Plus as a limited feature where you can increase or decrease the volume and Changing the channel and Mute function. In this case I can opt out this case so that different expert who were well experienced in this app issue would help you in checking and providing the proper solution. I am sorry to say this. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do I need to initialize another conversation with an expert or what?
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 1 month ago

No, you don't have to. All the experts were able to see this conversation and they will continue working on it and they will post back your answer as soon as possible. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for yr time anyway.
TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 1 month ago
Josh, Technician

Hi Rita,

I am not aware of an app that allows you to control your TV in that manner.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, so is that a 'no'? Are you able to find out and confirm that there isn't an app that could do this for LG?

Yes, that is a no unfortunately.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Josh, Technician