TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Someone gave me a tv. When I press power a red light stays

on... When I press buttons...
Someone gave me a tv. When I press power a red light stays on... When I press buttons on the remote and tv, it seems to respond, red light blinks, but nothing happens. I don't hear anything powering on. Nothing comes on screen or through the speakers. Pushing buttons makes the red light blink... I replaced the mainboard (the one with the hdmi inputs). Nothing has changed...
10/15/2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV issue. It all sounds like you have a backlight issue, which requires to have the LED backlight strips in the LCD panel replaced. In order to research it deeper and give you availability and pricing I would need the model number of your TV. Could you please provide if it to me ?
Thanks for the pictures. Research on the LED strips came up empty. The most reputable parts vendor besides LG is www.shopjimmy.com
Here is a link for your TV
http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg/55ls4500-ud?gclid=CjwKEAjwjozPBRCqoubWiKPBkCgSJADrFM5g1_LYoB2M56HcO9KTV_b9zN2ALd7wjIfxi24uSSkMnhoCawvw_wcB
I'm going to keep researching. If the LED strips are not available, then the Display panel needs to be replaced which is not cost effective. Could you send be a picture of the problem ?
Further research showed that your TV is an Edge lit Led TV. This LEDs are not available. Sometimes you can find them on eBay as used parts which is risky, since they are all different. You need to disassemble the LCD panel to get to the LED assemblies, that 55" Glass panel is very thin and can easily be broken. I and other here have done the repair down to the inside of the panel, if you have never done it before then it is not going to be easy for you.
Unfortunately at this point I would say that the repair is not cost effective since the entire display needs to be replaced. Sorry for the bad news.
I looked on eBay and found the Edge lit Led strip. Here is a link
https://www.ebay.com/p/LG-55ls4500-LED-Strips-6922l-0003a-and-6922l-0004a/1122930150
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm guessing I only need one. Are there instructions on replacement?
I could not find any instruction on your particular TV. Have you checked any voltages on the power supply board ? Because www.shopjimmy.com has inexpensive Repair kits, if it turns out that your Led strips are not fired up by the electronics.
If voltages are no going to the LED strips then the power supply needs to be replaced or repaired. The power supply part number EAY62512801 (PLDK-L102A) Power Supply / LED Board for $69.52 or the repair kit where certain components on the power supply need to be replaced the part number is ***** (PLDK-L102A) Power Supply / LED Board Repair Kit for $14.88
Thank you for allowing me to help you and hope that my information provided you with some helpful tips.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Good afternoon just checking back if you still need assistance. If not could you please rate my service so I can get reimbursed for my service. I would really appreciate it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was the power board, thanks
You are very welcome. I'm glad you got it fixed. If you could take the time and rate my service, I would greatly appreciate it, since that is the only way I'm getting credit for my service.
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician