TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to hook up a antenna. will notwork can you help.

Customer Question
Trying to hook up...

Trying to hook up a antenna. will notwork can you help

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Bought it last year at walmart. have to go get model number

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes it does

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We had a satelite dish. cannot afford any more

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
10/13/2017
TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 9 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer

Hi there,

A lot of criteria can affect the TV reception. Unfortunately with the new digital TV services, you don't get a snowy picture if the signal quality is poor; you get a black screen.

If your antenna is feeding a long run to the TV or a splitter to feed multiple TVs, you may need a masthead amplifier as well as the antenna that you bought.

Start by going to this site and entering your details. This will tell you the direction of the TV transmitter and what channels you can expect to receive click me

Please report back