TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung tv 6 series blank/black screen when on.

Customer Question
What should I do?...
I have a Samsung tv 6 series blank/black screen when on. What should I do?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
10/12/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Samsung tv 6 series..."
Even if "...blank/black screen...", is there still sound?

And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Still has sound. About 2 days ago it got it with a metal rake. For a day and a half the picture was damaged just a little it looked like tiny footprints across the screen. I had the tv playing yesterday for over six hours 4 of those hours had perfect picture like it corrected itself. I was happy and turned it off for the night. Today I turn it back on no picture just sound just bought it in March from Costco. The tv is high up and mounted and can't tell you the model number only that it is a 2016 55 in Samsung tv 6 series. Please help.

Have you tried unplugging the TV for an extended period of time? ...hours or even overnight?

This is the only easy user doable attempt. The idea is to simulate a soft RESET and dissipate residual power.

This is very critical - this soft reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

Ok. I will try that

Yes please and would look forward to an update when able.