TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 46" Flat screen (Model LT 46164) about 7 years old,

I have a 46" Flat...
I have a 46" Flat screen (Model LT 46164) about 7 years old, The green power light is now just blinking constantly. I even unplugged the set over night 3 times. I had changed the set top box 3 times in one week as well. What is the issue and estimated cost of repair. is it worth it?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: read the message
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: one afternoon TV turned to blue screen while I was out of the room
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The cable repair guy believes the TV blew 2 new set top boxes he swapped out
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/12/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Let me know when you are ready

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can I just have the answer please
this is staring to feel like a scam

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.

-disconnect all hdmi/video/audio/etc cables from the tv.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in ONLY the tv power cord and try to turn on.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have done all of that multiple times to no avail still end up with constant blinking green power light

I'm very sorry to say, that blinking light means this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. In this case the Main board (board with all the audio/video jacks). If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (some previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop but that will end up costing more than a new 46 inch tv.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your honesty the answer is as expected. 5 stars for you!

What happened?

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician