TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Sharp aquos TV remote stops working after a few minutes. 3

Sharp aquos TV remote stops...
Sharp aquos TV remote stops working after a few minutes
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 yrs LC-60LE66ou
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything works for a couple minutes after power on can select any input and then after a few minutes if hit any button on remote or on tv there is no response. TV is still displaying whatever is streaming on that input such as cable, cable works fine but to turn off tv have to unplug from wall
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Last weekend all by itself the tv Came on in the middle of the night and remote would not power it off. Had to unplug
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
10/12/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok waiting the 7 minutes left

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok plugged in and powered on and functions work for about 4 minutes then no response from remote or buttons on tv

ok, we will try to reset the TV

To do this

With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume down key.

With the Volume down key held down, press and hold the Power key.

Release the keys when the Sharp logo appears on the screen.

Use the Volume down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset.

With wipe data/factory reset highlighted, press and hold the Power key for two seconds.

Scroll to OK, then press and hold the Power key for two seconds.

Tell me if you can complete this please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will have to do that later as it will require reprogramming the tv and I leave for work in 30 minutes. can not leave my wife without TV. Keep in mind this seems more of a temperature related issue.works until heats up then unplug let cool down works until heats up etc..

thanks

this will eliminate the firmware as the cause so we want to just remove this as an issue first.

Let me know how you go when you can do the instructions as will mark this question to remain open so if you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Richard, Technician