Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

How do I get a picture out of my viera TH-P42S10Z tv (from

Hi how do I get a picture out of my viera TH-P42S10Z tv (from the monitor out video button) to a projector please?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 2009, Plasma TV viera TH-P42S10Z
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is something new im trying - I want to project the picture out with a projection camera- this is not see it on the tv screen
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome

What is the make and model of the projector?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Im trying to send it through a DDS 5.8GHz wireless av sender to an empson EH-TW480 projector

ok, on the back of the TV are the monitor out ports (the most left row).

You use the video and audio composite ports on that as this delivers a signal from the TV out to an additional device.

These are located on the back of the TV

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
tried that - the audio ones work- as i already have them going out to a seperate amp- but the video doesnt

First rule out this wireless adapter.

Connect the TV directly to the projector and make sure you have the input selection on the projector set correctly to the composite port

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ok that works - but how do i get it through the transmitter

From looking at the wireless device, connect the ports on the Tv to the transmitter, and the recevier connect from the composite to the same port we just used, on the projector.

Make sure they are both powered on and the antennas are facing at each other

Then make sure they are both set to the correct channel via the channel buttons on the sender an receiver.

Trywith channel 1 first, then the others, but they have to be on the same channel

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
ok- all sorted now thanks-

You;re welcome

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thanks

You're welcome though please remember the service rating (strs at the top then submit) so I am credited with solving this.