TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an LG smart TV. Yesterday tv in this flat bldg went…

I have an LG smart...
I have an LG smart TV. Yesterday tv in this flat bldg went off and came back on at night but not my dvd player with no signal. Local tech told me to do a scan but I cannot find how. TV is connected to wifi
10/12/2017
Richard, Technician

Hi there Shirley and welcome

What are you connecting to to get channels on the TV?

And what is the model of the LG?

I am connected by wifi and am receiving live tv ok but nothing thru DVD. Cannot find model at the moment so hang on while I look again.

Ok, so nothing playoing on the DVD player on the TV correct?

If so please do the following

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket) as wwell as the DVD player

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the DVD player and TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

ok will do.

thank you

sorry did everything but thru DVD still saying check input connection

Can you connect the DVD player to another TV and tell me if it works there please?

Will try

Thank you

Please let me know how it goes.

sorry couldn't move dvd. However I have found clock lit up on dvd dial but nothing else may have blown something inside

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard in the DVD that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Appreciate your help. I have had very good service before. So thank you.
Richard, I think something to do with IT is going on in area and public have not been told about outatages caused by probably national broadband. Anyway after a day and half my DVD started working??? I have been watching closely - ha ha. Bye