TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

We have a 52 inch philips led tv. today the picture went…

Customer Question
Hi! we have a...

Hi! we have a 52 inch philips led tv. today the picture went black. the audio is on when we push the guide we see all the channel info...even the info for the remote shows on the screen just not a picture...help!

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Philips is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 5 years old. it's a philips 1867

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works and the same problem on all inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Today. we turned the tv on and this is how it came on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
10/12/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you please tell me the full model number from the back of the tv?

50PFL370/F7

Thanks, ***** ***** sounds like this is happening on your cable/satellite service, correct?
What about any other input like dvd, roku, apps, etc?

We don't have a DVD,roku or apps on the TV just dish tv

The issues you are describing point primarily to a dish box issue, it would help if you could test something else to be sure,

but as a next step please unplug power to the dish box for at least 5 minutes,

replug, give it another 5 minutes to start up, then check again and let me know how it works at that point.

are you there? should I contact dish tv?
i am going to bed now

I'm here, I sent you a response quite some time ago instructing you on how to reset the dish box. Can you please follow those steps?

Nathan, Installer