TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Haier TV doesn't turn on and there is only the solid red…

Hi my Haier TV...

Hi my Haier TV doesn't turn on and there is only the solid red light

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

The model number is ***** and no this is the first time

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV box is fine. It just I can't turn on the TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just a couple of hours ago. I turned off the TV and tried turning it on again 5 minutes after and it didn't turn on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's all . I just want to get this solve asap

10/12/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

What is the approximate purchase date of the tv?

it's about 3 or 4 years ago and this is the first time we have encounter this problem

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but we can continue our chat.....

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on using the button on the tv, not remote.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

it works now thank you. So would the $35 be cancel because we didn't have a phone call?

You're welcome. All the best.

Please do submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

If no other tech clicks on the phone call button then you won't be charged. You have to cancel the phone call on your end. I do not have that ability.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician