TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

When off the satellite feed, the screen displays alternating

black an white vertical stripes...
when off the satellite feed, the screen displays alternating black an white vertical stripes. When feed is thru Satellite, there is background interferrence - horizontal lines and intermittent scrambled lines. Is this our TV or a problem with Satellite feed? Had the Satellite tech out but he could not determine. The set is about 12 years old so it would not be out of the question for us to purchase a new one, but want to make sure the problem is with the TV and not the Satellite feed. (by feed I am referring to the cables from the dish into the house) Any help would be appreciated!
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know - it is mounted up on the wall and I cannot get to the back without a ladder.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I think so but I will test it. Thanks. It will take me a few minutes, do you have the time to wait so I don't have to go through all the explanations again?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It started about 3 weeks ago. I cannot get any channel on clearly. We live out in the country with no antenna so the satellite is the only resourse.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no'
10/11/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello Jack

Hi

How do you mean " when off the satellite feed " , when you turn off the satellite box , is that it ?

No lets just text

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those and I`m not available for it at this time although another expert here may take you up on that when it gets posted to the board
They are optional and you can just decline if you don`t want them

When the satellite feed is updating or is off due to weather. The other interferrance is consistent when viewing a show.

If you open the TV's own menu (not satellite) , does it show up normal or is also affected by this ?

Sine there is no signal the TV can receive there is only static. No vertical lines in the static.

I have the model number: TSAT4AUSHC 1004.0

Please just answer to my questions and by the way that number is ***** valid

Is the tv set to channel 3 or 4 in order to connect to the satellite box ?

It is set to 73
But this is a dual receiver so main one is set to 73 and the one with the problem is set to 21. The Satellite tech changed these trying to see if it made a difference. It didn't.

You don`t happen to have anything else connected to this tv do you ?

Like a dvd player for example ?

No. there is nothing connected to either one except for the receiver on the main TV.

Did he try to change the receiver by any chance ??

You said that when there is no signal then there is no bar ,only static , which is normal

Sounds to me like these are coming from the sat. box

Unless it would be some weird problem with the tv tuner that I never heard of

Jack, I really wanted your opinion if the problem COULD be the TV and not the connection to the satellite. I do not want to purchase a new set and have the sa me problem. The only problem is the same SAT box runs both sets and there is no problem with the other set.

Yes but it is a dual receiver as in "separate"

You mean that he did not try another receiver ???

And PLEASE this is the 4th time I`m asking

If you do not think it is the set, then we'll just have to replace the cable connection to this set. It is s real pain. The tech did not replace the box nor did he try a new one. No, if the affected set is off the SAT, it does not present the problem. I am trying to answer your questions but the pop up and banners asking for me to call you or take a free trial keep getting in my way. Very frustrating.

Sorry about those pesky popups

Don`t replace the wiring ,its the satellite box that is faulty

Cant you see my question about the menu ???

I saw the menu question. When the TV remote is taken off Satellite feed, I only get static - not the same interferrance I get when on satellite feed. does this answer your question?

Does that tv have a menu to adjust things like color ,sound etc. ??

That's the menu I`m talking about , nothing to do with the satellite

I am referring to and have tried the TV menu. where you adjust the sound, color, can use as PC, etc.

Yes and I was asking if it was affected by those interference or shows up normal

In any case I doubt very very much the tv is at fault here and that satellite guy did a poor job if he was there scratching his head and did not even try another receiver

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Jack
Jack, Technician
Thank you, Jack. I appreciate your help and advice. Have a nice evening.

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician