TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

58 inch plasma (2009) model PN58B860Y2FXZA. was watching it…

58 inch plasma (2009)...

58 inch plasma (2009) model PN58B860Y2FXZA . was watching it when the picture blink out (dark screen - no lines). will still turn on but no picture

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

Samsung Model PN58B860Y2FXZA Version BS02. No it's never been a previous problem. Picture just went black screen in the middle of a play.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu, source, volume. Same on all inputs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just went out. no unusual circumstances. screen just went black in the middle of a football play Sunday afternoon

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No sound from the stations either.

10/10/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

sorry, there was sound from the stations but TV was connected to the sound system.

OK I just need to know some info from you is there any sound from the set itself?

If no sound is the power-light on the front of the set lit in the ON mode?or OFF standby?

If light lit in the ON mode and you press the menu button of the sets own remote does the menu come up please

Sorry there is sound coming out from the channels. Power light is on and will shut off when turned off or standby. No commands show up on screen - no menu, no sources when press source button, no volume indicator values.

Can you see any visible light even feint light at all on the display?

Curious, i used PayPal to pay for this conversation. It deducted &38. Is this just for this instant or is this a monthly subscription? I don't really want a subscription.

I am not privvy to any billing queries you need to speak with support about that, I am just using the site like you are

no light what so ever. I watched a youtube video on shopjimmy.com saying something about the y-sustain and y-buffer boards but there's so many boards on there.

Yes its usually problem with the scan boards for black screens on plasma usually the boards go short circuit

The procedure is to check that out with a meter if there are shorted boards they are ordered and fitted in the set

which board on the back am i looking to switch out?
but***** *****ne - is this worth my trouble of not?

Its very likely at this time that is what your issue is let me know if you think you can do work yourself

No its not done that way just by looking and saying that or that board is bad to verify the suspicion there are checks to do on ohms with a meter

Plasma sets are no longer manufactured and considered older technology however if you can do the work yourself that is about the most economical way involving a technician is not really recommended

Because costs could be over $300

oh boy. I am familiar with checking power with meter like when to see if a plug in works. other than that mmmmm probably not
how much do boards run? y-sustain or y-buffer boards

Yes its not every ones cup of tea......

You could ring around for prices though from a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Boards vary on plasma you will get an idea if you go to shopjimmy.com with your model number

I am abroad at present and cant access the site from where I am

thanks for your help.

Your Welcome

If you change your mind and want to give it a go let me know

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician