TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My vision smart tv turns on but Really gets really dark I…

Customer Question
My vision smart tv...

My vision smart tv turns on but Really gets really dark I can’t see people faces cuz is very dark. How do I fix this

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Is eco 1080p

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the tv menu works is just very dark I have try to adjust the color and tint.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I have the tv for like a year and it work fine. But the last 2 weeks it stared doing this. I don’t remener seen anyhthing happen to it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No that’s it thank u

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
10/10/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 9 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...vision smart tv..."
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Is a Vizio-e60-c3 I have reset it to factory setting. And try to adjust brightness and color is a smart tv

Consider a test (if have not been done). Power on the TV and set to a program/channel. If at all possible, darken the room where the TV is. Wait for about 5 minutes or more. Shine a flashlight at an angle (not directly) and nearly but not touching the screen where the volume level / menu display is usually seen. Press the VOL UP/DOWN or MENU button and note if a dark/ghostly image of the volume level or MENU could be seen. The above is a test to determine if it is a backlighting issue.

Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight.

Please post back results of the flashlight test.

Ok it did the test and it did the dark ghostly

This would then be indicative of an internal hardware issue; repairs needed.

Would a LINK / contact information of an accredited TV repair shop serve your need? ...or if still under warranty, an authorized Service Center?

Or are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?