TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Panasonic TH_50PZ85U Plasma TV that will not turn

on after moving it to...
I have a Panasonic TH_50PZ85U Plasma TV that will not turn on after moving it to a different room. The power light is flashing 13 times then starts over with another 13 flashes. What does this mean?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Panasonic TH-50PZ85U, a 2008 model. No problems in the past.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just started when i hooked it up again. I have unplugged everything from the TV, disconnected the power for several minutes and just plugged the TV in, but the problem persists.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
10/7/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

The blink code is a communication error (sorry for delay I was getting info on this) have you rebooted the set?disconnected the set from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plugged the set back in again?if not please do that and let me know the results

Anthony

I did that and it still blinks 13 times

OK its an unusual code but the code means thee is a communication error on the A board (main-board) its this board that will need to be replaced,I am sorry we have done everything necessary to try and recover the situation, let me know if you think you can do this yourself, just to emphasize its a plug in board cost of board $50_$100

Do I extract the board and find a number on it and buy on ebay or shopjimmy.com? or do I go to Panasonic?

Yes that is right you get the A board out (the one with all the AV inputs attached) and try shopjimmy.com first,using the code part-number on the board itself if they do not have it google the part-number for suppliers,panasonic themselves will not help you

Let me know if you need more help

Please I would be grateful if you could you rate the information or answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days.
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician