TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Magnavox MDR533H / 535H / 537H connected to a

Customer Question
I have a Magnavox...

I have a Magnavox MDR533H / 535H / 537H connected to a Pioneer PRO-950HD plasma TV, It has worked very well until recently. Now when I play channels from the Mag digital tuner I get a picture on the TV but NO Sound. However, all previously recorded material on the Mag hard drive does still playback with picture and sound. I'm stymied.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started to happen about a week ago. I switched back and forth between the TV source and the Mag tuner, always getting a picture but suddenly no sould.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I have spent hours working to solve this problem. I now wonder if the problem isn't with the TV, I've push many buttons on both units remotes and am now confused.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 day by:
10/9/2017
TV Technician: littlerusty2005, Expert replied 10 months ago
littlerusty2005

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Do you still need help with this?