TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Magnavox LED tv 55ME314V stopped working in the middle of

viewing. I checked to...
My Magnavox LED tv 55ME314V stopped working in the middle of viewing. I checked to make sure plug outlet is still providing power. I unplugged "for a minute to allow tv to reset" and that did not work. The red light that indicates whether the tv is on or off is not lit at all and the tv is beeping (I'm told by my daughter-in-law but I can't hear it). Any suggestions?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the LED television's exact make and model?
Customer: Magnavox LED TV 55ME314V purchased in June of 2014.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I get nothing on the TV. We have AT&T cable and the cable box for this tv is getting power and the other TV's in the house are working fine.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened about 48 hours ago while my daughter-in-law and granddaughter were watching a program. It just went "dead" and I am unable to get it to work.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything else I can tell you.
10/7/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

You mentioned unplugging something. What exactly did you unplug?

In the manual the troubleshooting suggestion was to unplug the tv for "a minute" to allow it to reset. That did nothing...

I see

I'm very sorry to say, there is no other reset. Since there is not even any light on the front panel, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model so it is worth repairing.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

I am at work so I am unable to talk live on the phone at this time.

I just posted a full answer. Here it is again:

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician