TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv went black no picture. Just a minute. Unable to see menu…

Customer Question
Tv went black no...

Tv went black no picture

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Just a minute

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Unable to see menu no display

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just now 15 minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Getting model number

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/7/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

cable box and dvd
50LN5400-UA

Thanks for the info, this model is notorious for backlight LEDs failure that made screen dark, however, lets try easy thing first that might work..

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now.

If problem still persist then I'm afraid it would be backlight LEDs failure and least likely the power board failure that provides high volts to backlight LEDs. Please reply back with above requested test to proceed further.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?