TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony TV KDL32V4000 Serial Number 1374251. The sound…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony TV KDL32V4000 Serial Number(###) ###-#### The sound has failed and I am advised by the TV repair person that part to fix the problem are no longer available. Is this really the case? Thank you for your time.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sony CTV about 7 years old. Model no KDL32V4000.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

OK. The TV has been with a repair company for 6 months!! Rang them yesterday and they told me they can't get the part.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What part they are looking for this TV?

To fix the sound. There is no sound on the TV

OK, I guess they would be looking for main board where the sound processor chip is mounted.

I'm afraid it is no longer available because of TV aging, it is year 2008 model and replacement parts/ boards are no longer available for this old model. A new replacement TV would be better choice as 32" LCD would be available around $120 or so

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.