TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How to tell which Sony television I have - need to program…

Customer Question
How to tell which...

How to tell which Sony television I have - need to program new remote

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Think it was purchased in 2007 Model is KDL-40S3000 also # X22 appears

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Haven't tried anything - just starting Need to get new remote working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No except I am not good at this type of thing Thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
I need to know this in order to comment new remote
are you still there?
10/5/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The model of the tv is KDL-40S3000, which is what you would need for a new remote. Are you asking for help with programming a cable/satellite remote? Or a recommendation for a replacement sony remote to buy?

I need help programing a new Xfinity remote

Okay, can you tell me how many digits your remote requires for its code - 3, 4, or 5? I can give you the appropriate code, but comcast will need to provide the actual instructions as it is their equipment.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?