TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 45PT350 TV. I can't use headphones while watching…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 45PT350 TV. I can't use headphones while watching TV. The headphones only work while watching DVDs and Blu Ray. When trying to watch TV there is nothing but a terrible scratchy white noise like a rapidly turning electric motor. How can I use the headphones to watch TV? (I only use Over-the-Air Broadcast. No cable).

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model number is ***** About 4,5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works. Headphones ONLY work with DVDs or Blu Ray. Never with TV broadcast.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Ever since I bought the wireless headphones, shortly after buying the TV.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope. That's it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/5/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me exactly how/where your headphones are connected?

the wireless headphones are connected to a bizarre "optical" OUT for audio. (No regular outs for audio on this TV). I had to buy an adapter in order to plug in the wireless base. PS This is my 2nd time asking help. The 1st time 3 days ago I got no answer and was charged anyway. Customer support told me to ask again.
ANYBODY READING THIS???

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

By the way, there are no other open questions under your account, I responded to you requesting information 4 days ago and this is the first response back. You were charged for the help at that point once I sent you a reply, which is how the site works.

You are correct that this tv (and virtually all modern flatscreen tvs) have no analog output that can support headphones. What is the model of the headphones and do they have a matching optical connection on them (the same plug as the digital audio out port on the tv)?

Senheiser headphones. No optical plug. I had to buy an adaptor.
Please clarify: If you answered me, 1) where is your previous answer (and why wasn't it transmitted to my email? 2) Why are you asking me additional questions? 3) Provided I do get the answer this time, will I be charged a 2nd time?
34;Not quite instant"? It's been half an hour since your last post!
I Did not provide an answer yet as there was not sufficient detail from you yet. This is a back and forth conversation that happens on this chat page it does not occur via email. I still need more detail from you as well, what is the specific headphone mode and which specific adapter do you have? I really need complete and specific information to be able to help you.
I don't know the answer to those questions. The adaptor was bought like 5 years ago (how many adaptors can there be?). And I don't understand the headphone "mode" you speak of. And I do not appreciate you telling me your delay is my fault. I answered your question in 3 minutes. Why did take YOU half an hour to tell me you needed further information?
OK That's it. It's been another half hour without a word from you. Do you think I have nothing else to do than to wait for you to tell me nothing (and then tell me the delay is my fault?).
And you did not answer my questions about where your previous answer went to. Your behaviour today kind of confirms that you did not in fact answer me before and charged me for it anyway.
I'm pulling the plug. I have taken screen caps of these exchanges and will be sending them to customer support at the same time I ask for a complete refund.
Good day.
Again I need specific info to be able to help you. There are literally hundreds of different brands and models of adapters many of which are not appropriate or compatible so without knowing exactly what you are working with I cannot give you an accurate answer. I cannot speak to any billing or account matters as we are all independent techs here and do not have access to that. You paid the agreed upon fees to the site when posting your question, that is how the site works. If you can get me the requested details I’d be happy to help. Otherwise you self manage any billing matters from the help page.