TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to connect a vizio sound bar to a Toshiba flat…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to connect a vizio sound bar to a Toshiba flat screen tv, using red and white audio cables? But can't get sound from bar?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Vizio Sound Bar: VSB207 Toshiba TV is: 40E2000U2 August 2010

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I bought the sound bar for my vizio tv and it works fine but want to use my sound bar outside on patio with Toshiba TV if possible. just hooked up first time and can't get sound to play from bar?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Just trying to know if this can work and how to do it?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: TV
10/5/2017
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

OK
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Please try to do the following.

1. Turn off the power to the HD Sound Bar and TV.
2. Connect one end of the Optical (SPDIF) cable to the digital audio output on the TV.
3. Connect the other end of the Optical (SPDIF) cable to the Digital audio input on the HD Sound Bar.
4. Turn on the power to the HD Sound Bar and TV.

And let me, know when you have completed this we have few more steps to do.

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

And the cable would probably look like this

ok done
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Please hold on for a couple of minutes.

ok
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago
  1. Press "Menu" on the remote control. If you do not have a remote control, press "Menu" on the television.
  2. Press the arrow keys on the remote to scroll to "Audio Settings." If you do not have a remote control, press the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons to scroll.
  3. Press "OK" on the remote control. Press "Enter" on the television if you do not have a remote. If the television does not have an "Enter" button, the "Menu" button is often used.
  4. Scroll to "Advanced Audio" and press "OK." Some televisions may not have an "Advanced Audio" menu and may list various audio settings instead.
  5. Scroll to "Audio Output Mode" or "Digital Audio Output Mode" and press "OK."
  6. Scroll until "PCM" is displayed as the current audio output.
  7. Press "OK" to save the settings.
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Let me know if you find these settings on your remote.

And write back to me if you have any difficulties.

ok changed to pcm
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Now please once check if that is working.

still no sound coming from bar
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Try to once turn off your sound bar and Tv wait for two minutes and turn it back on.

will wait 2 mins
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Thank you and also am making a little more research on your TV settings.

Will be back to you after 10 minutes.

cool thank you
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

I appreciate your patience.

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Have you hooked up the red and white cables from the Tv to your soundbar?

red and white cable to red and white hook up on sound bar and red and white cable hooked to audio red and white on TV>
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Awesome! Let me check.

I have tried to hook into to both sets of red and white audio plugs in side of tv and back and neither is giving me sounds.
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

I think some other settings has to be changed on this Toshiba TV am checking on that.

I am so sorry for the delay.

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Have you also connected the SPDIF cable?

I only have red and white audio cables used with my vizio tv inside house? It works great in there< have hooked up the same way out side? I just think it may not be compatible? Not sure what a SPDIF looks like, looking up now online?
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

No, not necessary just making sure of these things.

That should be working as we enabled the PCM settings.

Let me see what we can do further.

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

If possible could you please send pictures of your TV with the audio settings that you currently have.

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Thank you so much! Please try to click on RESET

When i reset it changes optical output to sonky digital?
I have to get back to work but thank u for trying. I wasnt aure it would work so I think I got my answer.
TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

Yes, it changes to same settings before.Thank you so much if you need further assistance please write back to me.

Thank you so much for your patience and I wish you have an awesome day ahead!

TV Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 10 months ago

You can write back to me directly for other issues.

https://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-suhasini/

Thank you. Please do rate your service experience with me.